UPDATE: After a month of care, Prince Philip has left the hospital. 

The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was photographed exiting King Edward VII’s Hospital on March 16 and pulling away in car, four weeks after he first entered the facility. “The Duke of Edinburgh has today been discharged from King Edward VII’s Hospital and has returned to Windsor Castle, following treatment for an infection and a successful procedure for a pre-existing condition,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement. “His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him at both King Edward VII’s Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital, and everyone who has sent their good wishes.”

This was the royal’s longest hospital stay to date.

___

UPDATE: Prince Philip will continue his hospital stay after undergoing a heart procedure.

After transferring hospitals last week, the Duke of Edinburgh had a “a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition” at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, Buckingham Palace said in a statement on March 4. “His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days,” the message noted.

UPDATE: Prince Philip is set to undergo further testing at a new hospital.

Buckingham Palace confirmed in a statement on March 1 that the Duke of Edinburgh was transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital, where doctors “will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.”

The statement added that Queen Elizabeth II’s husband “remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week.”

— 

UPDATE: Buckingham Palace has given an update on Prince Philip’s health. On Feb. 23, the Palace announced the Duke of Edinburgh is still at King Edward VII Hospital in London, where he is receiving medical attention for an infection. The Palace stated the 99-year-old royal is comfortable and is responding to treatment but that he is not expected to leave the hospital for several days.

He was first admitted to the hospital on Feb. 16 as a precautionary measure, the Palace said, after feeling unwell.

Prince Philip has been hospitalized in London.

According to a statement from Buckingham Palace, the 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital on the evening of Tuesday, Feb. 16 after “feeling unwell.” However, the palace’s message notes that Philip’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of his doctor. He is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.

Source

Leave a Reply